Race Refund / Cancellation Policy
This policy has been created in fairness to all the athletes, so that equal opportunity exists registering for all Tri Fitness events.
Tri Fitness has a no refund policy. If an athlete cannot participate for any reason, their registration may be transferred to another athlete for a $10.00 transfer fee or the athlete may transfer their registration to another race for a $5 transfer fee provided this transfer request is made at least 14 days prior to the event. If at the time of transfer, the race to which they are transferring is more than what was paid originally, the athlete must pay the difference as well as the $5 transfer fee. For any transfers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update athlete information 14 days prior to the event.
Tri Fitness reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event in the event of inclement weather, emergency, or natural disaster. In the event of such a cancellation, there will be no refund of entry or processing fees. If Tri Fitness decides to cancel an event for reasons under our control, entry fees will be refunded to existing registrants.
There are no race transfers of any kind on race day, even if a registered athlete is a no-show and a slot is available. This is to ensure that events start on time, for safety considerations, and event management.
There is a chance of inclement weather. The safety of our participants, volunteers, spectators, police, and everyone else is our top priority, so we may need to make race-day adjustments.
The race director will have NOAA weather alerts via phone and walkie-talkie, and will monitor any severe weather alerts. All volunteers will watch for lightning and alert the director immediately if they see it. We will be following a 30-30 policy, which is: if we witness a flash of lightning, and hear thunder within 30 seconds, then we will delay the race by 30 minutes. Everyone should avoid any metal objects or tall, solitary objects and head to their car if possible.
The roads will almost certainly be wet in that case. Please watch for slick roads and standing water.
In the case of lightning during the course of the event, we may have to cancel and pull participants off the course. This will be the responsibility of the sag wagon and other volunteers as we can afford. We will work to notify all participants currently on the course that the event is being canceled.
There are no refunds or transfers in the event we have to cancel the race, though we reserve the right to issue a transfer via email to registered participants. It is the absolute last option, but we have to have everyone's safety in mind.
Under certain circumstances, race transfers can occur for an event within the same calendar year. A race transfer is defined as transferring an athlete’s registration to another race for any reason.
A race transfer can occur under the following conditions:
- The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Extenuating circumstances: If you have an injury (verified by a doctor's order) or a member of your immediate family has a death or a medical emergency and it is within 14 days of the scheduled event yet greater than 72 hours prior to the event, you will need to notify us in writing. The race director will consider each request on a case by case basis after the event, for credit towards a future Tri Fitness event within the same calendar year. No credits will be issued with less than 72 hours prior written notice to the event regardless of the circumstances.
- Transfers can be made to any race owned by Tri Fitness and listed on our Events page. Race transfers are only allowed once per person per season. All transfers will incur a fee of either $5 or $10 regardless of the reason for the transfer.
- Credit for the transfer will be based solely on the entry fee paid, and not inclusive of processing fees, etc. No refunds will be issued even if the race to which you are transferring is less.
- If the race to which you are transferring has a higher entry fee as of the date of the transfer, you must pay the difference plus the transfer fee by making out a check to Tri Fitness.
- There is a $5 fee to transfer the registered participant to a different distance within this race for any reason. There is a $10 transfer fee to transfer a registered participant’s registration to a new individual for the same distance. No such transfers under any circumstances will be allowed within 72 hours of the race (Within 72 hours of the race, all expenses for each participant will have already been incurred).
Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. Transferring two weeks out from an event can be managed, but under the two week limit a transfer causes considerable issues, both monetarily and organizationally, as packets have been prepared with sized t-shirts, chip numbers have been requested based on the athlete’s entry, and perhaps a race has been closed in which a transfer would bar another athlete from entering the event.
Thank you very much for your understanding of this policy and thank you also for your participation in Tri Fitness events.
Please contact us at email@example.com.